If you're tired of handling support requests from your inbox, the Helpdesk Rails Kit is ready to help you.
Whether you choose to integrate it with your existing Rails application, or run it as a standalone web application, this Kit provides a place for your team to organize and quickly respond to support requests.
The Helpdesk Kit also provides a convenient interface for you to host support articles, so you help your customers help themselves with answers to frequently asked questions, helpful hints, and guides on how to use your application or product.
Choose your license based on your development needs. All licenses come with full source code. They are not limited to a set number of developers, but they are limited based on the number of sites you want to build. A “site” is one web application served from one domain, such as example.com.
The license is a one-time fee. You don’t need to pay yearly, per developer, or per server.
Not sure whether you are going to build multiple sites at this point? You can always buy the Single Site License now and get a discount equal to the cost of the Single Site License on a purchase of the Multiple Site License later.
Single Site License
This license is intended for developers creating a single helpdesk site.
Multiple Site License
This license is intended for companies / developers that are building multiple helpdesk sites. This would be suitable for independent consultants and agencies building solutions for clients.
By purchasing a license you are agreeing to the license agreement
- The dashboard gives you a complete view of all incoming and outgoing communication
- Track the progress of each ticket from New, to Assigned, to Closed
- An audit trail shows you who wrote to the customer, when the ticket was closed, reopened, etc.
- A tag system lets you easily and flexibly organize support requests
- With "monitor this ticket" you can easily monitor tickets, even if they are not assigned to you
- Annotate a support ticket with notes, visible only to staff but not to the customer
- A built-in Bayesian spam filter
- Seamlessly integrates with your email. Send and receive mail without leaving the application
- Incoming email automatically creates a new ticket or is routed to the correct ticket
- Works with any email account vial POP/IMAP and SMTP (including Gmail!)
- Supports both incoming and outgoing email file attachments
- Automated email fetcher daemon continually checks for new mail
- Includes an email auto-responder. When a customer initiates contact via email or web form, they immediately receive a follow-up with details of their request
- You have full control over the email templates. They're simple ActionMailer templates
- Integrates with your application's user system, so your customers (and you) don't have to log in twice
- Works out of the box with the devise gem. Can be easily adapted to other user systems
- Complete support for anonymous users, as well as logged in users
- Anonymous users can access their ticket histories via single-use access keys
- A knowledgebase, so you can easily add FAQs and User Guides to your site
- A customer service portal, where users can search the knowledgebase or request support
- Lets customers easily track the progress of their support requests
- Automatically sends your customers email when their ticket is updated
- The customer portal area has its own controllers and views, meaning that you can customize without worrying about breaking the staff-facing parts of the helpdesk
- An interface for capturing support requests by web form.
- Code to Test Ratio: 1:1.6 (Shoulda)